Part-Time Worship Leader
This is a Part-Time Position: 15-20 hours/week
The worship leader will work closely with the Senior Pastor in cultivating worship services and worship teams that lead our congregation to see and savor the greatness of God in Jesus Christ, in the power of the Spirit. Fostering dynamic band-led congregational worship through the singing of current songs with the occasional old favorite. We are seeking an individual who is called and gifted by God in the following areas:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan and prepare for our weekly Sunday service(s), Maundy Thursday service, Thanksgiving Eve service, and Christmas Eve services. Choosing Scripture, congregational songs that engage the congregation and support the preaching of God’s Word.
- Schedule and coordinate all worship volunteers.
- Lead Wednesday evening worship team rehearsal. Weekly rehearsals accomplish two things: (A) cultivate community among worship team volunteers and (B) prepare the team to help facilitate distraction-free sung worship.
- Recruit and train musicians, singers, and tech volunteers. Seek out congregants who are passionate about praising God’s name and serving the church.
- Oversee, manage, and maintain musical, audio, and visual equipment owned by Hager Park Church.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Oversee and manage a worship budget.
- Lead quarterly “Worship” Ministry Team Meeting consisting of all ministry heads under Hager Park Church’s “Worship” ministry. (ie. Prayer Team, Tech Team, Aesthetics Team, Nursery Team)
- Display a commitment to Jesus Christ and a knowledge of His Word.
- Have a heart for singing the Gospel, loving the local church, and proclaiming the name of Jesus.
- Be a musically gifted guitarist and/or pianist, and vocalist.
- Working knowledge of ProPresenter and Planning Center are preferred, but not required.
- Degree in music, worship arts, or theology is a plus, but not a requirement.